- What's the difference between a private and a public cloud server?
- A Veber Private Cloud Server will provide hosted services to a limited number of people behind a firewall with no access from the internet, hence "private". The servers are typically accessed via a corporate VPN and are essentially a private extension of your own network but based within the cloud.
Veber Public Cloud Servers can be accessed from the internet via a normal internet connection.
- Why would you choose a Veber Private Cloud or a Veber Public Cloud?
- It's like a car – you choose which model you like driving! Each option has its strengths and weaknesses. A private cloud is accessible from specific places of your choosing whilst a public cloud is accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
- What’s the difference between a Veber DS & a Veber Cloud Hosting Solution?
- The difference between a dedicated server and a cloud server is quite simple:
– with a dedicated server you get all the power of that piece of equipment and it’s dedicated to you – with a cloud infrastructure the resources are shared out, but the benefit is that a cloud hosting solution is infinitely scalable and you get many funky features like high availability and distributed resource management.
- Do cloud servers use hard drives?
- Yes, they do, but not in a traditional sense, the hard drives we use for our cloud hosting solution are attached to the cloud nodes via ISCSI or Fibre Channel and are viewed as a remote disk. The cloud nodes do have hard drives in them, but they use them for running their own operating system – no customer data is ever stored locally.
- How do I manage my cloud server?
- You manage your cloud server by simply logging into the cloud control panel interface which was emailed to you when you signed up – from there you can manage your cloud server, restart, shut down or start your system – you can even see it from bios level upwards.
- What's DRS?
- Distributed Resource Scheduler - this is the VMWare system of managing CPU and memory resources across a VMWare cluster. If the system realises one system is using too much memory or CPU resources, it can automatically move the system to a lower resource using server. This is a standard feature for all our cloud servers.
- How do I know which level Cloud Hosting Solution is best for me?
- It’s difficult to tell sometimes, but it’s easiest to give us a call or email us – we can then advise you on the best course to go down. We’ve over ten years’ experience in the hosting arena and we know roughly what you’d need – additionally as cloud solutions are scalable, we can change the spec of your server quite easily, sometimes even on the fly – taking a little bit of worry out of your solution.
What other people say about us…
In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is Veber. We utilise Veber dedicated server solutions and custom management facilities, with full support from a team of real people with real knowledge that is hard to find these days. If you are as serious about your business as we are, look no further. Veber will open both your eyes. Parmi Phull, Creative Director, CCTVinfo
Need to talk about your Cloud Hosting requirements? Get in touch for a chat about what you need.
020 3468 7000
or contact us...